The Duluth and Iron Range Depot is a two-story, 110’ x 44’ brick building erected in 1907. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Depot is a significant historic property as it is the past headquarters and corporate offices for the Duluth and Iron Range Railroad and thus played a vital role in the development of the region and the iron ore industry throughout Minnesota. It served passenger and freight needs until 1961. In addition to housing the Depot Museum the building is also the home of the Lake County Historical Societies administrative offices, archive storage and the new Judge William Scott Library (a work in progress).
The Depot Museum features exhibits that reflect the development of Lake County with special emphasis placed on the big three industries; iron mining and the railroad, timber, and commercial fishing.
Web development by Creative Arc, a Minneapolis web development firm.